Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Stung Treng Province

Me in Stung Treng


All hand made

Clay pot Vendor

Along the river in Stung Treng


Snacks for the bus, Sticky rice and coconut juice!

Courtesy of Travel Pod at http://www.travelpod.com/
Sunday, Apr 06, 2008
Any Comment please click here
Stung Treng was our least favorite place so far. Very hot and no trees. Trying to find some relief here was impossible. Strung Treng is kinda of stuck between Laos and our next destination of Ratanakira. There is nothing to see here and nothing to stop for. The only reason I got off here was because I was told they had a ATM. So one night in Stung Treng... so I thought. Yes they have a ATM but it does not accept my card! Great stuck out in the middle of nowhere with enough money for one night at the guest house. The bank does have a Western Union but it's Sunday and won't open until Monday. Thanks to my great friend Josh in California. He made sure there was a money transfer waiting for me on Monday morning. Thanks again Josh! I was at the bank at 7am and made the only bus headed for Ban Lung that day! If you ever come to Cambodia skip Stung Treng!

No comments: