Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Muddy waters

The Phnom Penh Post

Written by GS Sekhon
Wednesday, 05 November 2008
Phnom Penh

Dear Editor,

I am a foreigner who has been in Phnom Penh for nearly a year and have had the opportunity of seeing some aspects of development in Cambodia. I feel I have no right in passing judgement on the happenings but I feel pain when I see human beings suffering from inadequacies resulting from poor construction, corruption and wanton neglect.

I am not sure if you have in the last six weeks travelled along Hanoi Road and Road 598 and seen the situation the people are living in today. The roads, or parts of them, have literally disappeared and the water level is at roof-level. I have stopped travelling along Hanoi Road because at times the vehicles are either stuck in the deep hollows or just dare not move. Only two months ago, a major part of Road 598 was in pretty good condition.

GS Sekhon
Phnom Penh

No comments: