Friday, 7 August 2009

WITHDRAWN: Adhoc pulls out rights activist

The Phnom Penh Post
Friday, 07 August 2009
Chrann Chamroeun

WITHDRAWN

The Ratanakkiri provincial coordinator for local rights group Adhoc has been recalled to Phnom Penh following accusations he has incited area residents to hold protests in relation to an ongoing series of disputes with companies and local officials, the group's president said Thursday. "We made the decision that we don't want to fight in the courts," said Adhoc president Thun Saray. "We NGO organisations aim for good cooperation with government officials, who are leading our country towards improvement." Pen Bonnar, who has worked for Adhoc in Ratanakkiri since 1998, told the Post Thursday that he accepted the organisation's decision to repost him. "I wasn't officially informed by the judge [heading my case] ... but my lawyer and UN officials, who met with court officials a few days ago, informed me to stop working there because of the allegations of incitement."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be end of mine day, but before ending I am reading this wonderful piece of writing to increase my experience.

Also visit my website; cash for cars orange county