Thursday, 9 December 2010

Both confident ahead of Cambodia Open

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/

via CAAI

Wed, 08 Dec

Australia's Marcus Both is in a confident mood as he returns to the Phokeethra Country Club to defend his title at the Johnnie Walker Cambodian Open

Both had endured a six-year title drought before he won the event last year, picking up his second Asian Tour title in the process.

"I feel like I'm playing quite well as I finished tied fifth in India (at the Honda Indian Open in New Delhi) which is my best result of the season," the 31-year-old said.

"I've been on-form for the last couple of months and bit by bit, I've been making less and less mistakes, improving all aspects of my game.

"It's nice to come back to somewhere where you've played well before and it would make it even more special if you can win again.

"I say there are five tricky holes at this golf course. They are the sixth, seventh, eighth, 14th and 15th holes. The fairways are quite soft with plenty of trouble angles and hazards but in my eyes, if you can get through these holes and score well on the few other holes out there, you'll have a good chance of doing well."

Also in the field, Thailand's Thaworn Wiratchant could overtake compatriot Thongchai Jaidee as the player with the most number of Asian Tour victories.

The 43-year-old, who is currently level with Thongchai on 12 Asian Tour victories, narrowly missed out on the inaugural title in 2007 before finishing third in 2007 and 30th last year.

"I enjoy playing on this golf course as it suits my game," Thaworn said. "Except for last year, I've always finished inside the top-10 here and I'm looking forward to improving that record with a win now."

Eurosport

No comments: